Friday night is family movie night at our house. We love snuggling on the couch with the kids to watch a great movie…talking animals, spies, superheroes…the stuff I never fully appreciated before becoming a parent.
Popcorn was always part of our watching experience before we went paleo. I’ve been seeking a satisfying substitute for months. Something crunchy, nutty, sweet, and salty.
The obvious answer would be apples and almond butter. But the raw organic almond butters, while great in recipes, do not have enough flavor for me to consider it a treat. I love Jason’s Maple Almond Butter, but that’s a cheat that I’m trying to avoid.
So I decided to create my own paleo almond butter. It’s sweetened with dates and has just a touch of sea salt. Try it…it totally tastes like you’re cheating, but you’re not!
Almond butter ingredients
- 1 cup raw organic creamy almond butter (warm it and mix to soften, if needed)
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, liquified
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Easy almond butter recipe
- Pulse dates in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add almond butter, coconut oil, and salt; process until smooth.
- Enjoy with your favorite dippers (apples, bananas, pears, etc.).